8 Ounces Pasta (Gluten Free)
1 Head Cauliflower (Chopped)
2 Tablespoons Butter
1 Onion (Diced)
2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
2 Tablespoons Flour
1 Cup Skim Milk
1 Cup Chicken Broth (Low-Sodium)
10 Ounces Cheese (Cheddar)
1 Pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Bring water to a boil for the pasta, and cook the pasta until 5 minutes are left from it being finished. Put the cauliflower in with the pasta and continue cooking until the pasta is ready.
- In a frypan melt the butter and add the onion. Fry the onion until slightly golden and add the garlic, cooking only for about 30 seconds.
- Add the flour and cayenne into the onion and garlic mixture and stir for 1 minute. Whisk in the milk and the chicken broth, then simmer until it thickens (around 5 minutes).
- Turn down the heat and add the cheddar cheese slowly until it melts into the sauce (stir while doing so to avoid clumping).
- Add the pasta and cauliflower mixture to the sauce and mix. Pour this into a baking pan and bake for 35 minutes.