- Lie flat with your hands under your butt.
- Tighten your abs and raise your legs until they're vertical (this is your starting position).
- Squeeze your lower abs and butt and push your legs directly upwards (make sure not to bend your legs).
- Hold for 5 seconds and slowly lower before immediately repeating the same motion.
- Do 15 reps...and if this is too easy add a light weight between your feet!
- Lie flat on your back with both hands by your side.
- Lift both legs at the same time as the torso to form a V with your body in the air (make sure to keep your back and legs straight).
- Contract your abdominals and hold the V pose for 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
90-Degree Static Crunch:
- Lie on your back with your knees and hips bent in tabletop position (feet flexed).
- Stretch your arms to place both hands on the top of your thighs.
- Breathe in, and as you exhale contract your abs as you push your thighs into your hands (pushing back against them).
- Your legs should not move, hold this position for 1 count and release.
- Do 3 sets of 10 reps...if this is too easy lift your upper shoulders off the floor as you contract.
- Lay flat on the floor with legs straight and arms by your side with palms flat on the floor.
- Contract your abs and with a slight bend in the knees lift your legs to become nearly vertical.
- Lower your legs slowly until they're almost at the ground and repeat.
- Lie on your back with both legs raised in tabletop position.
- Contract your lower abs to lift your butt up off the floor pulling your knees in towards your head (make sure to not move your upper back).
- Repeat 12-20 reps...and if this is too easy add a light weight between your feet!