- Instead of iceberg lettuce, use darker, leafier greens!
*the darker leaves have more of the vitamins A and K
- Instead of white rice, use quinoa!
*quinoa has more protein as well as a higher fibre content
- Instead of store-bought salad dressing, use homemade salad dressing!
*store bought dressings often contain unpronounceable ingredients
*use a mixture of olive oil and balsamic vinegar instead as a simple and healthier alternative
- Instead of sour cream, use greek yogurt!
*yogurt has less calories, more protein, and will give your dips a creamier texture
*the nuts have a higher protein and fibre content, and less carbohydrates
- Instead of white flour, use coconut flour!
*coconut flour contains less carbohydrates and has a higher fibre content
- Instead of chocolate chips, use cacao nibs!
*the cacao nibs have 0g of sugar and a much higher fibre content
- Instead of 2% milk, use almond milk!
*almond milk has fewer calories, less sugar, and much higher iron and vitamin E contents