This recipe will take you about 10 minutes to prepare and then 40 minutes to cook, and will make approximately 2 servings!
1/3 Cup Quinoa
1 Onion (Diced)
3 Cups Broccoli (Bite Sized Florets)
3 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
2 Salmon Fillets (6-Ounces Each/Skin Removed)
- Preheat your oven to 400 F, and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Rinse the quinoa under water, drain, and place in a saucepan. Put 2/3 cup water into the saucepan with the quinoa and bring to a boil.
- Keep the saucepan covered, reduce the heat to low, and cook until the water is evaporated (about 15 minutes).
- While the quinoa is cooking, place the diced onion in a pan with a splash of olive oil and sauté on medium-high until golden brown.
- Once the quinoa has finished cooking remove the pot from the burner and let stand (still covered) for 5 minutes.
- While the quinoa is standing, toss the broccoli, garlic, and oil (w. salt and pepper to taste). Place this mixture on the lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork and add in the caramelized onion.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper, remove the broccoli from the oven, and nestle the salmon in with it on the tray.
- Roast until the salmon is cooked through, which is approximately 12-15 minutes more.
- Divide up the quinoa into two bowls, and top with the broccoli mixture. Lay the salmon fillets on top.
*You can coat the salmon with pesto before baking it to give this dish a bit of a flare!
*Adding in some sliced avocado at the end is a great additional topping!