Thursday, 17 April 2014
1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour or Coconut Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/8 Teaspoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Wheat Germ
1 Cup Buttermilk (Low Fat)
1/4 Cup Applesauce (Unsweetened)
1 Large Egg
2 Teaspoons Coconut Oil
- Mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and wheat germ in a bowl, then make a well in the centre.
- Combine the buttermilk, applesauce, and egg (pre-beaten) in a separate bowl.
- Add the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredient bowl by slowly pouring into the well.
*Mix only until the dry ingredients are moistened!
- Heat a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter into the pan. Wait until the pancakes have craters forming on the top and then proceed to flip them.
- Serve with fresh fruit!