- dark chocolate contains flavonol epicatechin
- those who eat it regularly (in moderation) develop changes in the structure and metabolic capacity of their skeletal and cardiac muscles
- result is a greater endurance capacity
- listening to music as you exercise can make you feel more energetic
- you'll be less eager to get off the machine, and don't perceive you're as fatigued
3. No Stretching!
- don't pre-run stretch if you're wanting to burn more calories
- it decreases your muscle-force production capacity for up to an hour after stretching
4. Green Salads!
- you're not supposed to eat high-fat meals before the gym because it prevents blood vessel dilation resulting in less blood flow to the muscles
- eating a green salad with a high-fat meal will actually prevent the effects
- having caffeine 1 to 2 hours before a workout boosts your endurance and fat burning
- it also blunts muscle pain so you can do more reps
*supplements are more effective than simply drinking a cup of coffee
6. Slow-Digesting Carbs!
- eating foods like oatmeal, sweet potatoes, and fruits results in lower insulin levels and more fat burned during the day
- the fitness result is more endurance and more fat burned during exercise