Tuesday, 27 May 2014
Skinny Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
1 Spaghetti Squash
1 Tablespoon Butter
2 Garlic Cloves (Minced)
2 1/2 Tablespoons Flour
1 1/2 Cup Milk (Skim)
1 Tablespoon Cream Cheese
1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Fresh Parsley (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Take your spaghetti squash and cut it in half using a (large) knife. After it's halved, scoop out the seeds and put the squash cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet that has a layer of water on it. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately one hour.
- Once baked, use a fork to scrape the strands (spaghetti-like) into the centre.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Whisk in the flour and stir for approximately 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk until clump-free, and once the milk is hot add the cream cheese and stir until smooth.
- Take the pan off of the burner and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Spoon your sauce into each half of the squash, and pull up the spaghetti-like strands to coat them with the sauce.
- You can add some more parmesan on top and place it in your oven to broil for a couple of minutes, and then top with parsley if desired.