Friday, 25 April 2014
Lemon Chicken w. Mushrooms & Pasta
6 Ounces Whole Wheat Pasta
1/3 Cup Coconut Flour
2 Cups Low-Sodium Vegetable Broth
4 Chicken Breasts
3 Teaspoons EVOO
10 Ounces Mushrooms (Sliced)
3 Cloves Garlic (Minced)
1/2 Cup White Wine
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup Fresh Dill
2 Tablespoons Capers
2 Teaspoons Butter
- Boil a pot of water and cook the pasta until tender.
- While the pasta is cooking whisk 5 teaspoons of the flour and broth in a bowl. Take the rest of the flour and coat the chicken in it. Heat a frypan with 2 teaspoons of oil and cook the chicken for 3 minutes per side.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a frypan and cook the mushrooms for about 5 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set them aside. Place the garlic and wine in the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the flour/broth mixture and the lemon juice. Cook until the sauce is thickened (4 to 6 minutes).
- Add the dill, capers, butter, and mushrooms to the pan.
- Remove half of the sauce from the pan. Add the drained pasta to the pan and toss with that half of the sauce. Serve the pasta with the chicken breasts and top with the remaining half of the sauce.